1/09/2011

Close to Home

Images
close to home
are worth keeping
and sometimes -
noticing
prompts remembering
to hold a moment.


Blending in
camouflaged
protected

 even so
I captured his patterns.


Rat a tat tat
making a ruckus
like an insistent machine

Noisy
stand-out
nothing retiring about the wood-pecker.






Golden machine
abandoned on the curb
sadly idle
side-lined from the game

wonder who won
or lost?


Wandering through my photograph files. I like to bring out images that refresh memories. Sometimes, like this morning, I look for the small images, taken at different times, that remind me of that particular day. They are like "tickets" for a quick trip back in time.

Artists across the ages have used some form of sketch book as a journal of everyday life and to catch small glimpses of the world around them. I use the digital camera for that kind of note-taking.

My computer files are glutted with insignificant images that are treasure for me. They are the bits and pieces of daily experience - shadows on a Starbucks table, pattern on a sweater passing by, Jim's hands on the newspaper, deer wandering the near-by lawns, a pile of mail on the dining room table. You get the idea.

No comments: