11/24/2007

It is NOW


Like a bad dream it keeps coming back.

Its creeping up on me. I know its coming.


The basement.

Its the secret I hide downstairs.


It has been so easy to ignore it for so long. The basement - do the basement - is the item on my list that repeatedly gets moved to the bottom of the list, making room for more exciting, more pressing, more fun things.

No, more. The stuff down there is rising to the top of the steps. I can hear all of it thudding against the door as it piles up taller and taller. Like the "things" on the stairs in a Halloween story - it is coming after me.

After ten years of saying, "I have to clean the basement" and then doing anything else - now I have to do it.

I am announcing - mostly to myself - December 1 is the start date. Six days from now - December 1 - that's it.

Don't let me forget it.

No comments: