2/09/2009

Heads Up



Sometimes the fun of sorting through old photos is finding something like this. One afternoon Jim agreed to be part of a Still life for my assignment for a Photography Class.

If you are wondering: l - r, sculpture by a local artist, clay head by Ellouise, carved fossilized whale bone, Eskimo, clay head by Jim, Ashanti carved wood figure, human head - Jim.

Maybe the idea came from this "clowning around" at the Elgin Marbles in the British Museum a couple of years before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That "Ashanti carved figure" is actually a fertility doll!

ELLOUISESTORY said...

I know that now - I don't think I did know it the day I bought it. In a small shop in Georgetown sometime in the 1970s. I loved the image and the price was right. At the time I was taking an art history class and we had just been looking at slides of African Art. Since I have added several other Afrian pieces to our collection. Those I bought in Kenya but that's another story.