4/29/2008

Home

Back on Jet Blue.
Taking a last look at Oakland as we took off and turned to head East.







The trip home was a quick 4 and a half hours. Relatively smooth until we bounced through cross winds on descent and landing making me even more delighted to walk down the halls of the B Concourse toward the shuttles to the Main Terminal.













As we walked off the escalator in the main terminal I noticed paintings on the walls - paintings with a familiar look and feeling. I recognized that artist. "Jim, look, I know those are by Sherry Sanabria. " Sure enough, they were. Hard to miss her way of working with interior light - a style she has honed since I first met her in graduate painting classes at American University.













I love seeing good art in public spaces and it is icing on the cake when I know the artist.





















What a great welcome home.!!!

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Glad you made it back safely, Ellouise. Oakland looks very...big. Very big.

The paintings are awesome. I'd like to see more of her work.

Welcome home.