7/28/2009

Tuesday - Collage, Birds, Elephants








From a Book of Hours
e.schoettler
collage





Birds
The live blue bird nest cam has gone off. I wish there was a notice to let us know what happened to the three little birdies. Did they fly the nest? They were certainly getting big and the nest was full. When I saw the notice for the live cam in the Gettysburg paper and added it to the blog I never expected to have such a rich touch with nature up-close. Seeing the mother, then her three eggs - she laid one egg a day for three days, the hatching, and the growth of those strange looking beings into feathered birds. It was wonderful to watch them. I looked forward to checking in with them everyday. And, then - they are gone. I will miss them. But I am very grateful for the experience.



Another Look at Nature.

Its been fun having a touch with nature everyday. I am not ready to give that up.

This morning I checked around for other live cams. and decided to link to Africa cams. It reminds me of my experience in Kenya and going to Kilimanjaro to see the animals in the wild.

I took this picture on my birthday. Our group was standing on a higher rise so that we could look across the expanse and a line of elephants lumbered slowly across the field. It was a memorable sight.


So I have linked to a live cam in Africa - - I will be watching the Tempe Elephants.

No comments: