11/13/2011

United4Equality - The 2015 Campaign



Very happy to tell Pushing Boundaries last night in support of United4Equality and their efforts to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment.

So comfortable to be back in a group of feminists, male and female who care about this issue. I felt very at home and realized how much I had missed these groups.

My time on the staff of the League of Women Voters was tiring, challenging, exciting and very satisfying.  Working on the Equal Rights Amendment made me feel so connected to history - to the connection with the Suffragists.

Carolyn Cook, the Founder of United4Equality, is a woman of passion and determination, on the issue of ERA and reminds me of so many women I knew during the 70s and 80s - who worked for ERA across the country. She is like those women who put their hearts into the Campaign.

I never thought I would have a chance to tell my ERA story to a group of activists  continuing the effort to pass the ERA - - - what a wonderful opportunity for my Diamond Jubilee.

No comments: