6/11/2009

The Pink Elephant, Red Shoes












Pink Elephant - Nice, France , Digital Photograph, e. schoettler

It was hard to turn my back on this little darling. Isn't he cute? And, playful. I was charmed by him. Such a plucky little beast, looking me right in the eye. But there was no room in my suitcase and we had ten more days on the road in Provence. I took this picture instead of leaving empty-handed.

Jim sighed his relief when he heard the shutter click.

Since then it has gotten ever easier to take pictures and leave "finds" behind.


PA Red Shoes, Digital photo, e.schoettler

But I can't always walk away.

Aren't these wonderful? There they were, at the Adams County Rescue Mission, only $1. Worn but still glittery. Some little girl had tapped and scruffed across a stage wearing them.

Not me. Although I always wished I could. I was a nine year old klutz when I took tap lessons at Sacred Heart - my feet just did not get it. But you should have heard me - even walking across the large practice room I could make my taps sing on the wooden floors.

It was wonderful. I felt like Shirley Temple.

No, way I could leave these shows behind! Good thing we were driving.

No comments: