3/21/2016

Start Over When You Are Stuck


This week-end was tough. So, I took a break.
 Instead of holding on to what I was writing that was not working I stopped to play with an old photo from Venice using a new computer app for editing photos.  It was worth the detour.

This is the re-newed photo - a shot I took of layers of weathered advertising posters posted on a wall in Venice.

Now its re-newed with lots of the clutter cleared out so that both of us - the image and I - have more room to breathe deeply.

That was yesterday.

Now I am starting over - back to scratch with my story - which I will be telling in five days.  Back to go - with a new start.


I think I will print this new version of the photo and hang it over the computer to remind myself to take time to breathe when I am stuck.






No comments: