1/13/2016

A Series of Prompts - The Ninth Steet House

The stack of blank books on my shelf is as tempting as a bakery because I know things are hidden inside that I have forgotten. Today I paused my work at the computer to take another look. And it was loaded with sugary sweets.

 At one time I pasted copies of pictures in a blank book. I used the photos as prompts for my memory to gather family stories. Have you tried it?

 I was glad to see this page when I opened the journal today. I was five years old when we lived in this house. I remember the Sunday that the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, the Christmas Santa brought me a metal kitchen sink that really held water and the day it snowed and Mama made "snow cream." You know - the days when life is simple for a child.

The Ninth Street House - Charlotte, NC

No comments: