10/26/2009

Monday - Memories









Five Blue Fives
collage
e. schoettler


California Moments

Sitting at the oak dining table
in Robin's new California apartment.
Peaceful and happy cutting and pasting.

Pacific Ocean across the way
Sun shining dancing diamonds onto the water
Quiet waves spilling across the sand.

An easy time.

Or maybe not.

Wasn't that the time I sat on the bathroom sink
to see in the medicine cabinet mirror to pluck my eyebrows?
The sink pulled away from the wall
Dumping me onto the I floor

The sink dangled but the pipe did not come apart.
I propped it up on a dining room chair to keep it together and stall a flood.

Trembling I called my daughter at her office
to report the damage.

"Mom. you broke the sink? You BROKE the sink?"

"Not exactly - well, yes, almost."

Role reversal.


Is there a life-lesson here? Is this a teaching story?

Absolutely.

Always have a plumber's name handy before you sit on an unsupported sink.
Then, if you pull it off the wall, you don't have to tell anybody.

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

Ha! Love it!