8/07/2010

Three Beautiful Things

1. Watched and enjoyed the charming 1938 version of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland. Caught between childhood memories and appreciation of the innocence and humor of the film.



2. Orchids are the new "most popular" gift. They have been my favorites for some time - the colors, the surprises as the buds keep opening like a moving film, and that they don't ask very much of you - just some water occasionally - and they keep giving such pleasure.




3. Found a box of letters I had forgotten about. Letters from both my grandmothers, my aunt, Mama and Daddy and my grandfather. Touching. A precious gift. Seeing their handwriting makes me want to write letters again - to be sure that kind of intimate touch and connection goes on.

No comments: