6/26/2007

Busy Day

Telling stories for camp in Takoma Park. I tell stories for this group regularly. They are a real challenge because they expect and appreciate new stories. Today I told The Green-Clawed Thunderbird, a Native American story and The Bee-Keeper and the Blue-Eyed Hare, a tale from Scotland. The theme was "amazing animals". This was pushing it for the theme but all turned out well - first time tellings for me and stories they had never heard before. YES!!!!!

Three North Carolina charmers who stopped for the night on their northern adventure trip which will take them to New York City and Boston. The brunette on the right is my neice, Ashton, a rising Junior at NC State Univ. It was fun to be with them because their excitement was palpable. I look forward to hearing the stories of their adventures

No comments: