5/18/2022

The Snake on the Bridge Was Moving Slowly Over the Creek



On a warm Sunday afternoon my daughter and I decided to walk to the Creek which is pretty near. 
The sky was bright above. I felt grand to be out in such weather because the day before it was raining,

We heard active water below the Bridge and we saw several elderly seniors speeding toward us. 
"Its a snake on the Bridge" called the elder man as he rushed by us. 

I looked ahead at the side where the Snake was moving directly over the Bridge. 
Seeing the Snake scared me. 

Another old man called out - "watch out for Snake on the Bridge." 
This Senior's tall son whispered as he passed near me. 
"This snake doesn't have poison - its a racer."

I waved to him as I took several deep breaths ----
then added several pictures.  

Somehow I knew I would come back soon to explore the Creek -
since I have ignored it for years.

Field Guide to Maryland's Snakes (Order Squamata)









 


No comments: