4/14/2020

Thinking About Writing A Memoir


Thinking about writing a memoir.



















At 83 years it's harder than it would have been at 70 years  
because I have added more stacks
 of things to think about.

I don't know what to write about. 
Especially when I list things I regret.
Now I don't have a way to apologize. 

I bet talking my words onto a page would be faster. 

                              


Today I read something that said, "who would want to read what you write in your memoir?"

 That’s a good question.


For instance I was reading yesterday about studying things in your book to see how the author wrote it. Take in the words that they say are the interesting words. 

Delete.  Delete.  Delete. 

Read over and over. 
Go over your sentences carefully.
Make them more interesting with words of interest.  

I don’t put down many interesting words any more -
Could I have used them up ?

I’m really glad that I found 
DRAGON on my computer
to remind me 
I could talk my thoughts onto the paper
I wouldn’t have to write. 

Ah, ha. 
That would be good 
because my hands sometimes hurt.
Its easier to talk the memories
than to type them.

 It's worthwhile to look for things to make the work easier.


No comments: