8/18/2019

Ellouise Schoettler Interview on Out of the Past



When Lee Shephard called to invite me to come for an interview a few years ago I was delighted. I have admired his work on the air here in Washington, DC for many years and I knew we would have a fun time. 

He and I met at Elizabeth Elementary School in Charlotte in the second grade. I found this video yesterday and it was wonderful to have the memory about our meeting and to hear us talking about Charlotte and Elmwood Cemetery. Robin S. Fox Gail Froyen

I love to pull genealogy and family history together with the days of long ago as I
develop a story. That began for me from my first family genealogy stories and then it became the primary way I wrote my WWI stories - especially Ready to Serve about the Hopkins
Nurses in the Army and in France from 1917 - 1919. By the time I began to perform the story
I felt that I knew the nurses well. Storytelling brings many gifts.

No comments: