10/28/2012

Waiting for Sandy

Sandy, the storm called the Frankenstorm, is on the way. Weather gurus predict sustained high winds for the Washington area which means a high likelihood that the power will be out - possibly for days. It has happened before. My sister Kathy and my daughter Karen took on the job of battening down the wood pile and getting anything else in the yard under cover so they won't "take off" in the winds. We have brought in water, batteries and other necessary supplies. We are charging all the electronics. We will shortly plug in the blow up beds so that we can settle in comfortably in the basement if we need to. We have a plan Jim developed years ago so its just a matter of following the 1 - 2 - 3. It seemed timely last night, when I was telling for a storytelling concert, so I changed my story and told this:

No comments: