8/18/2005

Memory and Story - Packed Up

The night of the opening in June the Dadian Gallery was filled with well-wishers.













It felt good to have people asking questions and admiring my work. The work was made to be seen, to be enjoyed by others.






Ellouise, student, and Deborah Sokolove, Director, Dadian Gallery.

I am honored and grateful that Deborah invited me to exhibit the works at Dadian. The gallery space is wonderful and she is an expert exhibit designer. In her curator's statement about the show she wrote about my work better than anyone has. She understands and "gets" it.

Nine Squares - Textile












The show is over. I picked up the work yesterday.
The works are packed up. Waiting for another day.
Except for Nine Squares -
Someone loved it - and bought it.
It moves on - carrying some of me with it.

No comments: