5/28/2008

Three Beautiful Things



My heart is heavy right now with Mama's continuing decline so focusing on calling to mind three beautiful things is a helpful exercise for me.






1. Telling my program Patchwork: It's in the Stitches at Quince Orchard Library today and discovering that one of the women in the audience is also from Charlotte. Not just that. She graduated from Central High School
in the same class with my sister Lynda and they know each other. How's that for small world?











2.
Celebrating Mama by telling Handmade, a story about her and some memorable outfits she made for Kathy, Lynda and me. Feeling her presence in the story is comforting. Thank God for the blessings of storytelling.


3. Our son-in-law Brad flew in from California on business and stopped for dinner with the family that lives here before he started work. Enjoying listening to the family catching-up. Seeing their faces around the table was a beautiful sight.

No comments: