4/28/2009

Tuesday


Still thinking about our week-end in PA


Princess Leia, our five year-old Shih Tzu. We must have known something when we named her because she has royal characteristics - she expects everything to go her way and you are not allowed to touch her - except by invitation.

I wonder if Leia is still thinking about PA too. She loves it there. The gravel of our driveway crunches under the wheels and she perks up. As soon as trhe door opens she leaps down from the van - off and running, poking her nose in to favorite spots for the wonderful smells, sometimes stretching out in the grass and rolling over and over - feeling the freedom.











This barn was a discovery. It is just down the road from our house but I rarely see it because its past us and we hardly ever go that way. Can you see how its built into the ground on one side? My curiosity is stirring. I want to find out more about that - and about the emblem painted on the barn door.


1 comment:

Dianne said...

Ellouise,

Princess Leia is adorable. My cousin has a Shih Tzu, named Sassy (after her owner, of course). Elisabeth and I are in love with this breed but don't think our men have the same feelings. Oh well, we're too busy for a puppy right now. PA looks beautiful and I'm so glad that Jim is feeling well enough to go.