4/09/2009

Catching up, Storytelling and Blogging, Day 13


L is for Live, collage, e. schoettler, 2009 Series
Catching up: Lists, lists, lists - storytelling, administrative, emails, bills, pick-up, and on and on. Stepping out of life and off the lists means they are longer and more demanding when you get to them.
Blogging and Storytelling:
I don't know about you but I am always on the look out for books that can help me with things I am passionate about. So when Robin told me about this book - " I think you will like it" - I checked it out and I did.
Book review:
No One Cares What You Had for Lunch
- 100 Ideas for Your Blog
Author: Margaret Mason
This is a handy paper back book to have on your book shelf, especially if you are a blogger or a storyteller looking for prompts that will lead you to a new story.

Margaret Mason lists 100 ideas to inspire you with off-beat blog topics. She jogs your memory with short essays and questions. Some are straight forward like Give Us Something - gifts you remember or Think Back – a list of historical events to jog your memory of what you were doing when

Other ideas are unexpected: like Watch Your Language which asks for out of date phrases and sayings or Do What You Love which suggests you write about your passions.

All her topic suggestions and the short essays accompanying them are fun to read and I found them good prompts to quick start storytelling ideas.

The book jacket blurb tells you that Margaret Mason is a writer and entrepreneur living in San Francisco. Her two blogs, Mighty Girl and Mighty Goods draw more than 50, 000 visitors per week. She’s got to know something.

Storytellers know that story prompts work. They set you to thinking and often lead to new stories.
I also loved that the book is published by Peachpit Press.

2 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Ellouise, I keep a list of possible blog topics on my computer for those days I just don't feel inspired. I never thought of turning such a list into a book! Sometimes I will simply sit and brainstorm for a little while, adding to the list. It's very helpful, and that way I don't miss things I meant to write about.

ELLOUISESTORY said...

Now that's a good idea.

Where I often bog down is that I intend to find stories in what happens everyday - and sometimes that is what I had for lunch - and hope it will connect with other images or memories into a story.