4/11/2009

Lenten Lament




Discovering that I can have too many shoes just like I can wear too many hats.

LENTEN LAMENT

Time for reflection

The quandry

How to choose?

Will I ask the right questions

Or just keep justifying things as they are?

So that I won't have to feel the stabs of change.

Waxing deep.

Its so risky

Jumping in

Don't forget - I don't know how to swim.

Just wait

It will pass

I will get through this rough patch of introspection

And settle back into my comfort zone.

Or, maybe not.

That's hope.

2 comments:

cynthia said...

"will I ask the right questions? or just keep justifying things as they are? So that I won't have to feel the stabs of change."

Wow. that is exactly how I feel, how I have felt as I have taken on this 37 days. Too many times, I wanted to get up from my knees and NOT take a good look at myself, NOT ask any questions much less the right questions. But it really did come down to justifying things ... accepting my excuses. It seemed painful to face it all, to realize what is will be required. It didn't just seem ... it is painful. But I have to! I can't keep circling the same camp.

This was a good, honest post!

Alan G said...

Not to change the subject but....

I really like the photograph that is associated with this post!