12/18/2009

Williamsburg Wreath 11














Weather alerts on TV, my phone, and email
with heavy snow predicted for today

Jim scheduled the annual snow-thrower maintenance last week so he's feeling on-top of the situation.
We can count on our familiar fights over how much snow shoveling is too much.

This morning we will bring in food. I have checked the cupboards with good intentions to use what we already have. Yesterday I overheard a woman laughing about the
"emergency shopping" that was coming. " Last time we had snow I was standing in the Safeway check-out line behind a man who was buying milk, bread and 36 rolls of toilet tissue. The milk and bread I understood but 36 rolls of toilet tissue?" Makes you wonder doesn't it? I had better check on the essential items I take for granted.

We enjoyed the card ritual last night - sitting near the fire, watching an old black and white movie, Christmas in Connecticut starring Barbara Stanwyck and Dennis Morgan.


Video and storytelling experiment: Playing with video as a way to bring a bit of real-life and action to the written words to add flavor to the story. Yes, I know. This is not good quality video but I am using it anyway because I am involved with the process of working on some ideas about storytelling techniques. Time to tweak and improve the video later.

One errand this morning is to drop the Christmas cards Jim and I wrote last night off at the Post Office. Get them out ahead of the snow.

No comments: