12/11/2009

Friday - Wreath 3, Holiday Spirit,




Glad to hang out a wreath here
because I am
lagging behind.
No decorations up in my house yet.
The cards are here - waiting.
I am feeling a bit like Scrooge.

Today I am going to fill the house with Christmas music.
To get a jump start into the Spirit.


Alan's POST this morning gave me a nudge toward holiday spirit as he stirred up a few memories with his essay about the Coca Cola Santa. That image was the real Santa to me, too - its fun to see him again and to learn something about the artist who created him. Alan has such a gift for wedding history and personal memories into posts that relate to today.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Somewhere in my TONS of Christmas decorations, is an orginal Coca-Cola Santa holding the Coke bottle. It belonged to my Nanny and she gave it to me, along with lots of other Christmas treasures.

ELLOUISESTORY said...

Lucky! Lucky! What a prize