12/16/2009

Williamsburg 9 - Lists








Lists
I am making lists
Things to do
Things done

Writing things down
makes me feel productive
even when I am not moving an inch.

Often when I jot lists about one thing I thankfully remember something else that should not get away.


Is it the act of writing
that connects with something in the brain
to trigger the memory?

Yesterday I scanned my 2009 calendar
Reviewed the year
here and there
this and that
and was surprised
how much was was done.

Lows balanced by highs
ups and downs
spills
and falls
goals set
challenge met.
Surprises
Blessings

Sorting and sifting
Looking ahead
Lists to
Prioritize and focus

Ah that last
is hardest of all

what really matters?

and
watch out
don't forget

Life
happens off these lists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice octopoidal wreath. The Holidays are coming- like it or not.