12/08/2009

Tuesday - Three Beautiful Things











1. Remembering our Christmas in Williamsburg. Four years ago Jim and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary in Williamsburg with all our family. It was a great week - a very special time.


2. Telling Stories for Seniors - a new group - this afternoon. For the holidays I told a program of folk tales stories that highlight "gratitude." and seeing the gifts we have. In addition I added a childhood Christmas memory that prompted one lady to share a Christmas memory of her childhood.
"When I was living in a foster home Santa brought me a red bicycle for Christmas. I was so excited - until I noticed that there was mud on the tires so I said, "Santa brought me an old bicyle." My foster parents assured me it was new. It was raining and when Santa rolled it into the house the ground was soft and stuck to the wheels." Lovely story - from many perspectives.

3.

No comments: