12/05/2009

Snow -


Big, fat, sloppy flakes started falling about 10 am.
In two hours the world is covered with quieting snow.

I am watching it all from above through the window behind my computer.
A fattening of the tree limbs and branches as the snow piles up.

The white gives away the plump dove sitting on a high branch.
A dark rounded shape perched still

She watches the world change around her.
To a world in black and white
Seeming not to notice she has lost her camouflage.

I remember another time I saw the world as an etching.
On the train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart
Jim, Karen, Robin and I huddled in the chilly compartment
Watching the foreign land outside
turned into a black and white line drawing
Unfurl as we sped past.

Small discoveries
Moments of magic
That hang on
as slender threads
connecting to the memory.

2 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Isn't it lovely? I'm glad it didn't stop my sisters from coming to make fruitcake.

Alan G said...

Love the photo...