3/20/2009

Storytelling - Spring,SWAN, Storytelling tradition,

Welcome Spring and Personal Stuff
1.A sunny welcome to Spring. We are finally seeing daffodils peeking up in our backyard.
March Madness tonight Sorry that American University lost to Villanova last night, especially as AU played so well. University Maryland won so we still have a local contender. But - I have to admit it - UNC- Chapel Hill is always my top choice.

Glad to report that Jim continues to improve. Surgery was three weeks ago today.

The post on93 words today left me speechless.The pictures show that this Easter Season stores are selling plastic eggs in new shapes - Batman, Spiderman, other super heroes and sports objects with a collection of other items targeted for girls. Does this bother anybody else but me?



I know for sure that I will dye my Easter eggs this year as a celebration of the Christian traditions of the renewal of Easter. And what about Easter baskets - are they gone too?


SWAN - Support Women Artists Day

Do you know about SWAN?
Are there events in your community Saturday, March 28?

In Washington, DC there will be 11 hours of women artists offering playreadings, performances, film screenings and poetry - - and storytelling. All free for the community.

This year I was invited as the lone storyteller to bring stories into the creative mix. The programs begin at 10 am.
and run simultaneousely at several venues which will be listed in the newspapers.

This sounds like a great day to me and I am looking forward to being a part of it.
2:15 - 3:00 Ellouise Schoettler - Storyteller
WISE WOMEN: folktales

( a family program for adults and youth audiences)

Barnes and Noble

M and Thos. Jefferson Street, NW

Georgetown, DC
***********************************************************************




The Shadow Puppet Theatre of Kerala
I started off the day learning about something - new to me - in the tradition of storytelling. Shadow puppetry is a tradition in India where the puppetry is a religious ritual and a popular entertainment. You can read about The Shadow Puppet Theatre of Kerala here.

No comments: