3/13/2009

Friday - Amazing - 3 Beautiful Things

1. This time two weeks ago Jim was just coming out of surgery - today he is walking around the house unsupervised - carrying his purple cane under his arm. (That last makes me crazy but what do I know.) The wonderful Daniele, who fixed our oven - came back this week and installed safety railings and bathroom grab bars - which makes us more accessible here - and seems over-the-top now that Jim is thinking of leaping tall buildings to show he is getting back to normal.

We are so grateful for the prayer blanket that is wrapping him through it all.

2. I am very grateful that my knee is cooperating and keeps me on my feet and climbing up and down steps.

3. We are thinking or trying to make bread - what is this -three months later - but it shows our progress. And I will be thinking and writing about something other than health issues.

Tonight we are going to watch a favorite movie - the A&E Pride and Prejudice - a good choice, it calming, beautiful and gently genteel. New net flixs arrive tomorrow. I hope we chose well. Lately we have made some big mistakes and the disks left quickly. Our grand-daughter brought over a folder of some of her collection of films - a very varied group - from Simpsons through Harry Potter. We thoroughly enjoyed some early"bits" with comedians Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry. Interesting to compare this early Laurie work with his current persona as "House".
Now that's a program I love. have you ever gotten caught in a "House" marathon? Mesmerizing. I get caught up and then lose hours in the heat of medical mysteries. Love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful progress! I hope you get a picture with the purple cane before it gets retired to a closet. I'll bet it's pretty snazzy!
Hugs,
Mary

Granny Sue said...

It sounds--almost like normal! What a good report.

Do you like foreign films? There are three we watched that I really liked: The Seagull's Laughter is from Iceland, The Seduction of Dr. Brewster (I think that's the title is Canadian and so funny and so good, and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is French and sad but mesmerizing.