11/21/2008

Paper work, pears and a google alert.

Three Beautiful Things

1. Having a block of time to focus and get paper work caught up. Its also a relief.
2. Olives with pimento and yellow cheese in a sandwich. Wonderful taste.
3. The sweet taste of a juicy just-right-ripe bartlett pear from Harry and David - the mail order company for divine fruit.

This morning my google alert on my name sent me a fresh link. It turned out to be an article by a young woman in South Carollina, a staff writer for a paper in Easley, SC. In her very nice article about a local Tellebration she connected it to the annual nationwide circle of gatherings to
celebrate storytelling for adults. In her background research she found this blog and a picture of me Jim took at the 2007 Tellebration in Kensington. She used it to illustrate her article and named me and mentioned that I had been telling my dalmation dog story.

Wow. What a save. Having forgotten that I told that story last year I was planning to tell it tomorrow night at the 2008 Tellebration - once again at the Kensington Row Bookshop. Time to change thath plan I wrote to her. We exchanged a few emails today.

Jess is a newbie storyteller and will be telling herself tomorrow night at the local gathering in South Carolina. Good Luck, Jess.

And thanks for running my picture and saving me from an embarrassing story repeat.

2 comments:

Granny Sue said...

yahoo.comIsn't that serendipity? Have a good time at your storytelling tonight, Ellouise.

Granny Sue said...

Okay, that last comment messed up!