11/28/2008

3 Beautiful Things - Koki's Tomato Aspic, Ink Death and a Friendly Squirrel

1. There is tomato aspic left-over from Thanksgiving Dinner. I love it. It's very simple to make. My aunt Koki gave me the recipe years ago:
a can of stewed tomatoes
a box of Jell-o lemon jello
a dash of vinegar
Puree the stewed tomatoes in the food processor. Place in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour in the package of lemon jello - stir to dissolve. Add the vinegar. Remove from heat and pour into a small jello mold.
Refrigerate until it sets up firm. That's it. Enjoy.







2. Reading Ink Death, the third of Cornelia Funke's wonderful trilogy about the Inkworld.


3. This friendly squirrel who lives somewhere near the large glass doors of the Chevy Chase Library freezes when you come near but does not run away. He seems instead to be waiting for a hand-out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me know about Inkdeath. I've requested it from my library. I am impatient to "wrap up" the series (and Aragon and Pendragon) -- I'm not a good series reader, I guess (or perhaps I'm exactly what the writers of series count on).