10/24/2008

Irish Mocha




















3 Beautiful Things

1. Playing around with old photographs from Ireland - making something new - Irish Mocha.

2. Gallery sitting today all was quiet. I love those hours when the gallery is filled with light and n no one comes in so I can focus on just a few tasks and get them done.


3. At the end of the day my friend Claudia
stopped by Gallery 10 for a quick visit before she takes off for Germany..




Chatting about what she will be doing in Berlin brought back memories of our visit there - "make a pilgrimage to see the Nefertiti" I suggest.

The bust of Nefertiti in the Altes Museum is definitely a beautiful thing to remember.

During our catching up when I tell Claudia about finding Lourdes in Paducah, Ky when I had to go to the hospital for a gorilla to save my voice - she laughs. "Oh, no, not another hospital."

"I know. I know. Ridiculous." Anyone that has read this blog for very long knows that Jim and I seem to attract hospitals whenever we venture into strange lands.

"Ellouise - its a story - your tour of hospitals across the U.S."

" Actually I have thought about that - "

Now - as I write this about Claudia's up-coming trip and stir my own memories about Germany I realize Jim and I launched that tour in August 1985 in Hamburg, Germany at the St. George Hospital - the same summer we went to made our pilgrimmage to see the Nefertiti in Berlin. Ah, yes - more to come.

Memories are wonderful. Connections. Connections.

Its like picking up stitches in a piece of knitting. Pulling the treads together.

No comments: