5/11/2009

Week-end Wind-up

Happy Mother's day indeed.

And, it was a great well-storied week-end.

The telling of tales from the Arabian Nights on Saturday evening went very well. The music by the NIH Philharmonia was terrific. And for me, the storyteller, standing in front of 600 faces intently absorbing the stories was quite a thrill. Then the orchestra played Scheherazade. I thought I heard her voice in the notes of the violin. A magic evening.


Sunday Chief Ike's Mambo Room in Adams Morgan was packed - standing room only for Speakeasy's Mommie Dearest. Eight storytellers primed to tell a menu of personal stories about mothers which brought you into their lives and experiences.
What more could you want? I am so glad to have been a part of it.


The cast of Mommie Dearest.




And for me, an extra plus was having my family there to hear my version of Mama's New Story.

Today I am still glowing.

But no time for too much glowing. This is Monday. Hop to. Pick up! Get some order back into this house.

And then the treat -

Betsy will be here for supper to tell me all about my high school class reunion - the one I missed when I stayed home to story.



Tonight Betsy is the storyteller.



1 comment:

Kate Dudding said...

Dear Ellouise,

What a 5 star weekend of storytelling you had!!!

Hugs,
Kate