5/24/2009

Sunday - Memorial Day Week-end

We are in the country for the week-end. Our house is a few miles outside Gettysburg. There is plenty in this area to remind us of the real meaning of Memorial Day.146 years ago this July one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War took place here over a three-day period.

Our drive to Mass this morning took us along the edge of the National Battlefield. I hoped something would emerge that I would want to share. It did.

Bits and pieces of my experiences today are a collage that is a new story - - but I don't want to post it until I can upload the pictures. The story is another example of being on the alert for what's happening and having a story fall into your lap.

Until then - to remember the meaning of Memorial Day - I recommend you take a look at Alan's BLOG for a very meaningful Memorial Day video and at Patti Digh's for a very moving essay.

No comments: