1/06/2009

What's Next?


The other night I stepped on my glasses and twisted them so badly they would not sit straight over the bridge of my nose. My back-up pair suffered the same fate some months ago. That's what happens when you go to sleep and your glasses fall on the floor beside the bed.

This called for a trip to Lens Crafters because I really can't see well when wearing the in desperation back-up glasses.

A very nice lady fixed the glasses for me and casually asked "how long have you had them?"
She looked it up - three years - how did that happen? Seems only a year ago. Time for an eye exam and a new pair. I was here so NOW would be the best time.

Ofcourse there are changes in the prescription. I could tell by the exam that one eye was not seeing as well as the other. Yep. Maybe you guessed it. A cataract is forming.

I asked about "ripe." How old fashioned of me. Because of the advances in technology the eye-wisdom today is that they can remove them anytime - or whenever they "bother the patient." Well, that's good. It is not bothering me at all. I would not even have known about it if I had not stepped on my glasses.

Brand new prescription in hand I selected frames which, even with my 30% discount through AAA, are very dear.

From now on I am only reading in bed wearing the old already-stepped-on glasses. These new beauties will be resting safely on a shelf

Story Tip from Donald Davis: It's important to show that the folks in a story learned something.



OK! I got it. I got it.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Sweetie, I think you might be learning a little too much these days. Perhaps you need a short break from "life lessons." I wish you rapid and happy healing (and I'm glad you have that all-important sense of humor ;-).

Granny Sue said...

I love this layout, Ellouise--so easy to read! Thank you for the changes. I'm sure you're not done tweaking yet, but I like what you've done so far.

I'm so sorry about your glasses. I'm fortunate enough to only wear reading glasses but I lose them everywhere--I usually keep at least 2 pairs with me because one will surely get misplaced.

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop

Joe said...

Saison Blanche bridal gowns San Patrick bridal gowns Sincerity Bridal bridal gowns Sottero & Midgley bridal gowns Stephen Yearick bridal gowns Symphony bridal gowns Val Stefani bridal gowns Venus Bridal bridal gowns Watters bridal gowns WTOO bridal gowns YSA Makino bridal gowns Bateau bridal gowns Halter bridal gowns High Neck bridal gowns Jewel bridal gowns Off the Shoulder bridal gowns One Shoulder bridal gowns Portrait bridal gowns Queen Anne bridal gowns Sabrina bridal gowns Scoop bridal gowns Spaghetti Straps bridal gowns Square bridal gowns

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses