4/15/2015

Watching History Talk




I really enjoy history talk especially with someone like Tom Brokaw - maybe you will too. ( I often skipped the inteviewer to focus on Brokaw). Brokaw talks about his career, the role he sees for social media today and in the Presidential Campaigns ahead. Good to hear Brokaw's voice again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heZkES_U2Xg#t=1618

Some of his remarks connected with Edward R Murrow and the 2005 movie Good Night and Good Luck.  I was lucky to stumble across on it on HBO the other day. The movie is about the conflict between Murrow and Senator Joe McCarthy and is set in 1953.

 I was in HS in 1953. I remember that a few teachers brought TVs into the Auditorium so we could watch those hearings. Students wandered in and out for the hours it was on.

No comments: