7/28/2010

Let There Be Light

After four days without electric power I was feeling pretty un-done.
Irritated
Agitated
Cross
and just generally out - of - sorts.

When - lo and behold



Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Click Click - the lights came back at 6PM

Soon the dishwasher was sloshing
Disposal whirring
and - - -
CNN blaring too.

Welcome Back!!!!

After four days with out electric power I learned something to pass along

TIP:
When you are trying to read in fading natural light.
Sit with your back to a large plate glass window - so that the light falls over your shoulder onto the page.

3 comments:

Debbie Couture said...

Ellouise, so glad to hear that you have your electricity back on. We had pretty mild storms here. It's amazing what a difference of 30-40 miles can make. It's so sad to think of those who lost their lives in these storms. Take care.

ELLOUISESTORY said...

Thanks Debbie. I know - this storm seemed to hit in a scattered pattern.
Even in the same neighborhoods.
Nuts.

Dianne said...

So glad that you have AC again! I think I could deal without lights, but I don't think I'd be a very nice person if I didn't have AC. Heat equals witchy at my house.