2/28/2009

Jim - Day 2

2:00 PM  Around 12:30 the doctor removed the breathing tube. What a relief! Jim sounds like Froggy Who Came A-courting. Says maybe he will start to sinG Bass. Just good go have him kidding again

Have you  ever noticed the sounds in a hospital ward on and ICU unit? The place throbs with the sounds from machines, and signals, and beeps, running feet, rolling carts. All this busyness.
Life sustaining busyness.

11:40 am  Jim is till in ICU - all is on track - so they say. They hope to remove the breathing tube this afternoon. They are waking him up not - he is responsive, recognizes us and communicates. I can see by his eyes and motions that he is thinking through his situation and checking things out
Quite like him - being the clinician. Yes, out-puts are good etc, etc.

Karen and Robin and I stayed at a hotel across the street last night and when I finally felt secure enough to leave I collapsed on the bed - went right to sleep until 5 am this morning.

Can't tell you all how much your emails and messages mean - they are a hug, a warm touch, a connection to the normal we are eager to get back to.

3 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Good. It all sounds good, Ellouise. Thank you so much for keeping us updated. Please do rest tonight--you need to stay well too.

Love and hugs to you and Jim.

Kate Dudding said...

Dear Ellouise,

VERY VERY glad to hear Jim's recovery is on track. I was away from my computer all day, but kept on thinking about you two.

Cyber hugs,
Kate

Cat said...

I've been thinking of the two of you. I'm glad everything is going well. I'll keep praying.