11/12/2009

Thursday - Stories for Seniors


Very satisfying storytelling program today with a new group of Seniors. They were wonderful, attentive listeners and really enjoyed the stories. I wove folktales and personal stories together
to prompt the group to tell some of their stories.

After I told my memory-story of how my grandmother baked a cake, one woman called out to the group,

"The kitchen she described was just like my mother's kitchen. I have not thought about that in years."

How great is that? Its what storytellers hope will happen - that we will take the audience some place they have never been or that they have forgotten. Now I hope they will go back on their own and remember more of their stories. I will check on that when I go back. There may be stories brewing.

It was good memory traveling - for me through my telling and for them through their listening.

Over the past five years I tell stories more and more for Seniors because I enjoy being with them and sharing stories. Check out my Stories for Seniors HERE.

My clients are Retirement Residences and Senior Centers in MD, VA, DC and I have recently begun to book program dates in PA as well. I am scheduling 2010 now so if you know anyone who might want to have Stories for Seniors please pass along my website.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Applique & Sequin mother of bride dresses Embroidery mother of bride dresses Embroidery & Beading mother of bride dresses Lace mother of bride dresses Basque Waist mother of bride dresses Drop Waist mother of bride dresses Empire Waist mother of bride dresses Natural Waist mother of bride dresses Zipper mother of bride dresses Alexia Designs flower girl dresses Alfred Angelo flower girl dresses Alyce Designs flower girl dresses Bill Levkoff flower girl dresses Dessy flower girl dresses Do You Love Me flower girl dresses Eden Bridals flower girl dresses Emerald Bridal flower girl dresses Forever Yours flower girl dresses Jordan Fashions flower girl dresses Little Miss Princess flower girl dresses Macis Design flower girl dresses

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop

Joe said...

Josh and Jazz prom dresses Jovani prom dressesLa Femme prom dressesLanda prom dressesLara Design prom dressesMac Duggal prom dressesMacis Design prom dressesMauri Simone prom dressesMe Prom prom dressesMon Cheri prom dressesMori Lee prom dressesNight Moves prom dressesNika prom dressesNiki prom dressesPanoply prom dressesParty Time Formals prom dresses Pronovias prom dresses Riva Designs prom dresses Romantic Bridals prom dresses Saison Blanche prom dresses Scala prom dresses Sherri Hill prom dresses Studio 17 prom dresses Terani prom dresses Tiffany prom dresses Val Stefani prom dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses