9/15/2009

Tuesday: Deer, My Mac, and Plans







Gotta Run!




Tuesday Nothings.


These sunny days the deer are out in force in our neighborhood. We ought to have deer crossing signs set at intervals at the curb.

This afternoon I watched a young man struggling to hold on to the leash of his pony-sized dog as a young deer loped across our street in front of them. To be safe I stopped my car and waited for the four-footed traffic to clear.


What's wrong when your MAC won't burn a disk? I know, Take it in. And I will. I hope its not like our car - everytime we take it in - there is a rip in our check book.


Had planned to work on my stories this afternoon while I sat quietly in the beauty shop being fixed up. I love going to the beauty shop. I always have such hope for my transformation.

In fact I tell a story about one transformation in particular. You can hear it HERE.

Today in stead of just sitting as I expected I spent the time visiting. The woman ahead of me, sitting in the chair I would soon occupy, was an old friend. We had not seen each other in a while. We did stories all right - hers and mine - nothing that I can tell this week-end - but great fun.
Plans. Plans. So tonight, I am doing what I planned to do this afternoon. Feeling lucky, I have both options.
One more thing. Today Travelin Oma has some suggestions for packing for a trip that are the best I have read. Marty really knows her traveling - and she is sharing her tips.


3 comments:

Alan G said...

To the liking of some, the disliking of others the state's Game & Fish Commision opened up a small town to bow hunters this past Monday due to an over-population of deer causing numerous car accidents and property damage. There were some 250 permits issued.

ELLOUISESTORY said...

Eek! I know they can be annoying and sometimes dangerous for cars and themselves but I hate the idea of hunters roaming with bow and arrows at the ready.
In our area the deer were displaced when builders cleared several near-by acres and put up a gated community. How fair is that?

Dianne said...

Ellouise,

I love going to have my hair fixed too! I show my hairdresser a picture of a haircut that I LOVE and ask her to make me look that from head to toe. She smiles, cuts away, and lo and behold, I look in the mirror and I've been transformed. Then I proceed to pay, head to the car, flip open my car mirror to check out my "do" and the mirror just laughs!!!