9/17/2009

Thursday: Elvis, storytelling and a touch of Italy at supper.




Domestic Still life
Burano, Italy
e.schoettler
Alan has written a great post about Elvis - and there are audios of a 1950s concert - to remind you of the fresh, young voice that we all know so well. Along with some insights into early influences on Elvis.
Telling tall tales to my regular group of seniors this afternoon. They loved the stories. "That Jack. He's really something." That's surely the truth.
Made my own caprese salad tonight for supper and it was dee licious. I bought the homemade mozzarella balls at our favorite local restaurant, Manoli Canoli. When I told the waiter what I planned to do he said, "you need to use our organic Greek olive oil. That's what makes ours taste so good." So I bought a bottle - and he was right! But - you know the truth - the real magic is lots of fresh basil.

No comments: