7/12/2008

Taking a Break






This time two years ago Jim and I were in Ireland on an Elderhostel trip. In fact I celebrated a very significant birthday on that journey.

And one of those - birthdays not trips - looms ahead in a few days.

But for now - I am not thinking about it.

For several days I have posted pictures with poems - because I wanted to play with the cinquain poem structure. And I thought surely everyone was bored silly hearing about my knee - which is what is foremost on my mind. But, several folks have written and asked, "how's the knee?" " are you all right, you're not writing much."

So - knee update. Bah! The doctor injected the knee ten days ago. That helped. I walked well for about a week - then, things began to slip back. I am hobbling slowly up steps and sometimes think I will pull out the walker again. I see the doctor again next week. So all is not well.

This week I tell stories a few times and for the Saturday evening performance at the Starrytelling Festival. I just want to stay on my feet for those.

Three Beautiful Things:
1. Several lovely conversations with my mother - her voice is strong, and its fun to talk with her.
2. My "from scratch" cornbread today tasted pretty good - especially considering I have not made such in about twenty years. I am enjoying rediscovering cooking.
3. Knitting - enjoying holding the rich colors of a varigated soft chenille yarn as I knit a long scarf on the horizontal. Ihave the 220 stitches on a circular needle. Going around one row gives me a comfortable break.

5 comments:

Kate Dudding said...

Dear Ellouise,

I'm sending you thoughts of healing and strength. I'm sending your doctor thoughts of wisdom AND fixing you up ASAP!

Hugs,
Kate

Joe said...

Square flower girl dresses Strapless flower girl dresses Straps flower girl dresses Sweetheart flower girl dresses V-Neck flower girl dresses Short flower girl dresses Knee Length flower girl dresses Tea Length flower girl dresses Ankle Length flower girl dresses Floor Length flower girl dresses Sweep Train flower girl dresses Court Train flower girl dresses Chapel Train flower girl dresses Organza flower girl dresses Satin flower girl dresses Taffeta flower girl dresses Satin & Chiffon flower girl dresses Satin & Lace flower girl dresses Satin & Organza flower girl dresses Taffeta & Lace flower girl dresses Taffeta & Organza flower girl dresses Sleeveless flower girl dresses

Joe said...

Short Sleeves flower girl dresses Elbow Sleeves flower girl dresses Three Quarter Sleeves flower girl dresses Long Sleeves flower girl dresses Beading flower girl dresses Sequin flower girl dresses Sash flower girl dresses Flower flower girl dresses Beading & Sequin flower girl dresses Beading & Flower flower girl dresses Applique flower girl dresses Applique & Beading flower girl dresses Applique & Sequin flower girl dresses Embroidery flower girl dresses Embroidery & Beading flower girl dresses Embroidery & Sequin flower girl dresses Lace flower girl dresses Basque Waist flower girl dresses Drop Waist flower girl dresses Empire Waist flower girl dresses Natural Waist flower girl dresses Lace Up flower girl dresses

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses