7/31/2008

Locked OUT

There have been times when I was locked out of my house and my office because I forgot my keys

I have been locked out of my car - many times. Standing helplessly by on the sidewalk I could see the keys dangling from the ignition.

Once I was parked on Connecticutt Avenue near Dupont Circle and I wangled my way back into our car using a metal coat hanger. It was simple to do once I learned the trick. Straighten the hanger, leaving a little hook on the end, push the wire through the rubber edging around the window and then wiggle it down until you could snag the lock and pull it up. Voila. Open the door. Do you know it took me an hour to get into that car, on the passenger side - and not one person asked me what I was doing or called a policeman. Hmm-

Last night I was lockd out - and I was totally unprepared for it. I was locked out of this blog.

First I received a notice on my email - which I hesitated to open - what if it was spam. Then I tried to post and up comes a BIG notice from the "spam-blocker robot" -.
telling me my blog was locked and would be deleted in 20 days if I did not request a review.

Deleted. Did they say deleted?

My blog had been tagged as a possible spam producing blog by the automated spam checking robot.. I had to request that it be checked by a human.

I sent the form - you know - copied those funny looking letters to prove I was a human being.

And today - someone turned a key to unlock the blog - sent me an apology for incorrectly tagging me - and i can tell you about it.

Another of today's protections. Probably a very good thing.

Funny, it did not feel good or like a protection when it happened.

1 comment:

Granny Sue said...

hey! mine's blocked right now too! I think Blogger needs to figure out a better way to do this. I mean they could send you an email and if you didn't reply, then lock the blog. I find this very user-unfriendly.

I wonder how long it will take them to deicde I'm not serving spam today.