7/10/2008

Passing Along the Arte y Pico Award


Once again, thank you Granny Sue at Granny Sue’s News and Reviews for giving my blog the lovely Arte y Pico Award! It’s my first blog award and all the better for receiving it from my friend, storyteller Susanna Holstein.

I read Granny Sue’s blog every day and invite you to join me for a visit to her world in West Virginia and her days as a storyteller and devoted wife/mom/ and grandmother.

The Arte y Pico award was originated by Ana, a blogger and doll maker in Uruguay as a way to honor many artistic blogs she visited every day.

Like Ana, I feel enriched everyday by the blogs I read. Granny Sue compared the artistic blog community to a quilt. It’s the best metaphor I know for the kaleidoscope of color, viewpoints, and experiences that offer themselves for you to choose from for your personal quilt. In the three years have been writing Ellouisestory it has become a thread that connects me to the world and the world to me.

One of the "rules" (all five are listed below) of the award is that the nominee must/may give the Arte y Pico award to 5 more blogs. I am delighted to pass it along to:

1. 37 Days: Patti’s blog is a daily touchestone for me and a wide audience of readers who are enriched enriched by her wisdom, insights and playfulness.

2. Marcia’s Meanderings Marcia lives half way around the globe from me but her wise writings and beautiful photographs touch me as they open a window onto her world.

3. Three Beautitful Things - Clare's concise writing reveals for her readers the joy she finds in her world and her viewpoint has a wide-ranging influence on others who adopt a 3BT attitude..

4. Art Junk - now how could I resist. I was in love with this site immediaetly. Lia, an artist who loves to cut and paste, says she "loves squares", shares ideas,is bursting with energy as she creates her journaling world.

5. 93 Words – Robin shows how a picture can boost your word count as she combines words and photographs to explore her world - and keep to a 93 word limit she set for her posts


There are some rules that go with the award. So, should any of you award winners decide to pass on the award to another blog, here is what you should do:

1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material and that contribute to the blogger community.
(this was hard--narrowing down to only 5!)


2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.


3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.


4.Please include a link to the Arte Y Pico blog so that everyone will know where the award came from.

5. Show these rules.

1 comment:

S-V-H said...

Congratulations to your first award from another winner! :-)