9/08/2010

Irkology


Irkology - the study of life's irks

Lately I have adopted a new word to describe those moments when things go out-of-sorts.

Like:

For some dumb reason - that I do not understand - I can't download the pictures from my camera this morning - the computer repeatedly puts up a message - wrong format - when it was perfectly fine yesterday morning. At times like this I fall out of love with technology. I am irked.

Only two people live in this house - and one of us has put the Netflix disk - a new episode of MI-5 - still sealed in its red mailing envelope "somewhere" and a search is on. We are both irked.

Irks are transient.
They hang on - only long enough to be noticed
To let off a puff of steam that could build up to explode if cooped up
You know - like "pissed off."

No comments: