12/08/2008

Williamsburg Wreath 8, Cinnamon &Story,






















I remember the lovely and inviting scent of the cinnamon as I stopped to take this picture. Visions of cookies, pies and sweet potato casseroles danced in my head,


The brown rolls we buy in a jar are actually rolls of bark from a tree.
Cinnamon is not only a cooking spice it has many healing properties.
And an interesting history. If you are curious start here.

Surf a bit further and your reward is a charming folktale, Cinnamon by Neil Gaiman. (if this link is not working go to www.neilgaiman.net and click extras.)











Today I discovered that this Madonna by Lucas Cranach the Elder which we looked at the other day has a very interesting today traveling story with a North Carolina connection. I could not resist posting it.

No comments: