12/12/2008

Wreaths Interrupted, Tea, A Holiday Moment

Wreaths Interrupted
My computer has been "acting up." Today I took it to Mr. Boon for a fix. He assures me he can restore it to health - it is not a crash. Thank goodness -but this does slow me up a bit - and temporarily interrupts my plan to publish a wreath a day. All my pictures are in the big brain - and now its not at home. Scary isn't it?

A Special Tea
Lately I have had to face up to it - I drink far too many Diet Cokes for my own good. The doctor shook her head, "Too much caffeine'. Cutting back is hard. I have been drinking hot water with a slice of lemon and a teaspoon of honey. Its different. I thought I could substitute Lipton's decaf tea bags- which I like. But a friend told me that also has caffeine.

I don't like Herbal Tea - or I thought I didn't until I tasted Harney's African Autumn when we were at the Williamsburg Storytelling Festival in September. Delicious. But after that I lost it. Until today.

When Jim was standing in a check-out line at Barnes and Noble he was scanning the temptations they place along the line- temptations for those last minute impulses. He waved to me to come over. There was a lovely "tea" stand and on the lower shelf lovely bronzed tin cans - Harney's African Autumn. Ahhhh. There are 30 silk bags filled with a lovely aromatic herbal mixture - smells good and tastes better. Try it. I bet you'll like it.

A Holiday Moment
While Jim was in line I was looking at the 50% off Christmas cards. Real beauties! I was tempted by a few but resisted. Then I saw the lovely box and lovelier cards that the woman next to me was fingering. It was the only box like it. I do susceptible to external packaging. I watched her hoping she would put down the box. She didn't. As she moved on a bit I said, " they are lovely. Nice choice." She smiled then surprised me by asking, "would you like them?"
"well, yes, but you have them and I know you will enjoy them." She thrust out her hand toward me. "You have them." I was startled. "No, they are yours." " I don't need them." Then I understood the plea in her eyes. "You mean I could save you that money." She nodded. We laughed. I accepted her gift.
At that moment a woman behind her who had over-heard our conversation handed my generous woman a box of the same cards. We all laughed. "Giive and you will receive."
A holiday moment.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Raylia Designs bridesmaid dresses Romantic Bridals bridesmaid dresses Saison Blanche bridesmaid dresses Val Stefani bridesmaid dresses Venus Bridal bridesmaid dresses Watters bridesmaid dresses WTOO bridesmaid dresses A-Line bridesmaid dresses Ball Gown bridesmaid dresses Column bridesmaid dresses Empire bridesmaid dresses Mermaid bridesmaid dresses Princess bridesmaid dresses Sheath bridesmaid dresses Trumpet bridesmaid dresses Bateau bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses
`