5/26/2014

A WWAC in Our Family








Memorial Day 2013 I was very grateful to tell my new story Arlington National Cemetery: My Forever Home at the Women's Military Memorial at Arlington Cemetery.

But that was not the first time I had visited this wonderful place where women's history in the military is collected and honored, their stories are exhibited, and their names are registered. You can search the registry and find a woman you know or if you know a woman who served you can register her name.

I had stepped in one day to search for my aunt's name in the register - - and there she was:
Catherine Diggle Brown - US Women's Army Corp - WWII.

 Thinking of her today - of her pride of serving and of our love and pride of her.
 In this video I have her tell her story herself.

KOKI - Catherine Diggle Brown




No comments: