9/21/2007

Northeast Storytelling Festival

The second Northeast Storytelling Festival is this week-end in Gettysburg, PA.

The sun is shining and blue skies promise great weather to be outside in storytelling tents.

Great tellers in our backyard, i.e. Bill Lepp, Ed Stivender, Carmen Deedy and Dovie Thomason. Jim and I will spend the week-end in Biglerville at the house which is only 15 minutes from the grassy field with the storytelling tents are set up.

In addition to the Big Name tellers there will be regional tellers, a liars contest and a ghost story contest.

I am a bit nervous because I am entered in the ghost story contest. Since our family is a little bit haunted, I am telling a family ghost story. Its a story I first told at the Ghost Story Open Mic at the West Virginia Storytelling Festival. I hope it will bring me luck. Even so it will be fun to tell Aunt Annie's story to a new group.

There are eight tellers tonight. The three selected by the audience tonight will go on to the final round tomorrow night.

No comments: