9/26/2021

September 26, 2021


Its been quite a month - 
starting with deep memories of the horrors of September 11 and the losses of people where airlplanes were used to kill innocents. 

When the planes attacked the NYC buildings at the World Trade Center my husband Jim and I were in Italy. We had dreamed of a wonderful vacation but it turned into fear for people especially members of our family who were close-by. 

The day that the remembrances touched all - -  it especially opened  the story for  people who were too young to know what happened and why people care.
I cried as I heard names spoken, watched films and listened to personal stories.

On another one of these September weeks - we drove across a State line to take care of some business and to stop at a large impressive store where they gather orchard fruits daily. Delicious peaches and pears! Yes, the peaches are grand but its the pears that call  to me.

Soon my grandson's wedding will be in a State across a couple of state lines. I was happy and excited about  being there. But its all changed for me. When I talked with my doctor and she heard about my plans to go - my doctor said, "NO, you can't go. The people in that State are not required to protect themselves." Yikes. In my State I received the Vaccine in April. I have a collection of many masks, and keep safe distances from other people. Along with that I understand that older "grands" are safer if they protect themselves. Why are so many people ignoring the dangers and avoiding vaccines.

Something I really enjoy. My daughter and I have discovered a Roy Rogers place to pick up delicious fried chicken served with a paper cup filled with tasty "slaw". Its on the - Rockville Pike. Just thought to tell you.

Last Saturday my son and daughter went downtown with me to a beautiful small church on Capital Hill (DC)  - - to attend the funeral of a fine, generous doctor who met my husband as they arrived at the same time (1962) to serve at the hospital on Andrews Air Force Air Base. When Don and Jim completed their time in Air Force uniforms they remained in Washington and shared civilian medical offices for at least 30 years. 

This Saturday was a lovely sunny afternoon. The room was washed with color through the glass in a line of old windows. We had been here before for his wedding and - - in fact Jim had been Don's Best Man. This Saturday a gathering of his white haired friends wearing a collection of masks sang familiar hymns, colleagues talked of Don,  and his grandchildren were touching with their words of love.  We were there to represent Jim to his colleague and friend- and to say good-bye.
 
After the services the three of us talked to a few of  those who gathered. Then we drove from the center of DC to a small restaurant in a familiar neighborhood. It was a sweet place to sit out side to talk and share stories of Jim and Don - - and to laugh as they would. 







 

 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.

MaxiMove LTD
Removals and storage Liverpool

David James said...

Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of 2 stockings
wow ..great to know that
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of 2 Net stockings for women
my woman enjoy and love muhaa