7/24/2016

Ready to Serve Launched at the 2016 Capital Fringe

2016 Capital Fringe run of my new show Ready to Serve ended yesterday - with a sold out audience and standing applause.


What a wind-up! Lots to remember. Rather than write it out I am using a few Tweets and Face Book posts to tell the story of this year's Fringe.




 Pleased to have an article published on the World War One Centennial Commission website - telling about the development of my WWI stories, the Hello Girls and Ready to Serve and promising another story to complete the trilogy, Over There.
 


 This tweet quotes the words of a wounded
soldier being cared for in Base Hospital 18. His "thank you" was music to the nurses ears.
 In my work I flesh out the stories of unknown characters and bring them to life. People often thank me for it -"they were so real I could see them."





There is a wonderful Christmas image in Ready to Serve from a nurse's letter -
"The room was filled with the smell of the fresh cut tree and the men were smiling."
 
The photos which introduce the show were courtesy of 
the Women in Military Service to America Foundation.

Reviews of the show HERE.

Arrangements for a tour underway
First show: Sept 23, Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD
Annual Alumni Gathering - Private to the School







No comments: